2.18.2010

{ makeover madness }


Oh my dear blog, and blog friends, I have missed you so this week. I have been so incredibly busy trying to make my house a place I want to be. This week has been Makeover Madness week. It's been a long, very cold winter, and as a last ditch effort to do everything I can to avoid demoing my house I'm trying to rearrange and reinvent.

When Papa is away Mama likes to play...decorator that is. Yes, yes, Papa was away on a well deserved snow boarding trip...while I was left home alone with the little wrens. I actually had to get up early this week uggh, and cook breakfast and everything all by myself. Boy did I miss Papa *wink*.

Day 1 - vacation day for Mama
Day 2 - try to get organized ( make a mess ),
Day 3 - reorganize and clean up the mess from Day 2.

I've worked so hard this week, Day 2 and 3, I think I never stopped until I dropped...into bed that is.

Well, I'm happy I did, because I gave every surface in my house a much needed re-vamp. I moved accessories from here to there and back again, until I came up with little vignettes I could be happy with for at least a little while. My main objective, was to try and lighten things up without spending a dime....so I shopped my house. I fluffed, and fluffed, till I couldn't fluff anymore....Whew...I did it.

I wish I had thought to take some before and after shots, but my makeover madness took over, and I just couldn't stop for a photo op. So anyway, I'll share some of the after shots later. Until then though I have a sort of major project called my dining room, pictured above. Don't you just love that color (sarcasm). That color has been driving me crazy for years now, (I chose it at the last minute....bad mama) but I paid a lot of money for that paint job, and It hasn't returned on it's investment yet...so it has to stay. (ugh). So I have to make it work for now. Solution, cover as much of it as possible.....with plates. This isn't really a new concept, it's something I've been wanting to do since day one, I've just recently added to my plate collection, so I feel it's time. 


 Wanna See????


See my pretty plates. I love them all, and I've been collecting them for several years now. Didn't I mention that I have a thing for plates?

Step 1 - on a flat surface lay out plates until you find a pleasing arrangement.
Step 2 - trace plates onto paper ( craft paper, grocery bags, whatever large paper you have on hand)
Step 3 - now, using your kindergarten skills, cut out plate shapes
Step 4 - following your determined pattern start placing them on the wall with painters tape.

Okay, got that so far? That's as far as I've gotten so far, they are up on the wall, and I've been living with them for a day to be sure I'm happy with the arrangement. Tomorrow I will hang (no not myself....sick huh). If I were a little sick maybe....especially since Papa & I just bought a car today for our oldest wren who's turning 16 tomorrow. Oh my, how the time flies. I just can't believe we're there already.

Ta Ta For Now,

*peace & love*

Carrie

p.s. stay tuned for the final steps of plate hanging 101
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie, the arrangement looks fantastic on that wall, I can't wait to see what the actual plates look like! Great job:) Have a lovely weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so organized! Good for you. Looks like it's shaping up to be an awesome project. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    Happy sweet 16 to the oldest wren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...it will be fun to see when you are done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant idea Carrie! I know it will be fabulous when all your pretty plates are up.
    Happy Birthday Wishes to your oldest wren ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to make a huge difference! It'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the outcome!

    Thank you again for the wonderful gifts, I look forward to ordering some more goodies from your etsy shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I really love the color!! It looks great with the browns in the chairs. I love the plates too. I'm with you. A plate is like a pillow. They're both little works of art without covering the whole wall, or sofa...

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...