3.28.2011

:: sprouts & snow


Happy Monday sweets. Today is quite an exciting day for me. First of all, I noticed that my little seedlings have finally started to sprout...I'm very excited...now I'm just trying to remember exactly what they are. I know, I know, they make markers for these things but I just figured I would be surprised to see what they are as they grow up and I can actually identify them. These are looking a lot like rosemary leaves, but who knows at this point.  I just love how the little sprouts are holding onto these little droplets of water.



    


My other exciting news is that it's SNOWING....I can't believe it. I'm a little concerned for all of my beautiful flowers, trees and shrubs that have already come into bloom. Take a peek at some of this snow covered loveliness. I wish I could cover them all to protect them from the bite of the cold and snow.


Here is my lovely Red Bud tree in full bloom with it's lovely bright magenta petals. It really is quite beautiful covered with this light dusting of snow. As I look out the window it's still snowing.




Here she is against the snowy white sky.... so lovely....

 



Our pretty hot pink Lorapetalum bushes....also in full glorious bloom.


Also in full bloom are all of my lovely Phlox, 
they seem so delicate & tender I hope they make it.





See all of my little lovelies in bloom, some are protected by my favorite little Dapple tree, but others are fending for themselves in this cold and unusual weather.  Just 8 days ago I was celebrating my Anniversary and the official first day of Spring (March 20), Now I'm watching it snow & worrying about all of my sweet little plants....this is just some crazy weather.


12 years ago on the first day of spring in a very Old Castle I married the love of my life and became a mother for the first time to this lovely little lady below....


soon after we added another little sweetie...and then another....

We are all living Happily Ever After.

Thanks be to God.


:: peace, love & hugs ::
Carrie
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 12 year anniversary Carrie! And beautiful pictures too, all of them.
    Have a blessed day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos...love them all! Happy anniversary too!
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures...so classic!! I can't believe your getting snow and we are wearing shorts here in Texas..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics, carrie. it's so sad to see snow on your beautiful blooms! we've had quite a bit of snow this past week, but plants are still in the dormant phase.

    my favorite nursery has their annual giant 'pansy sale', starting april 1. i can't wait.

    happiest of anniversary wishes to you, too.

    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and your sprout photos are simply amazing. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I am not much of a gardener, but one of my sons decided he would like to try to grow some flowers from seeds this year, so we are trying it! :)

    And happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bride... hope you had a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful bride you make.Thanks for posting such great pictures.
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary,dear person! What a sweet looking daughter and a lucky girl to get you for her mother.
    Love all the snowy photos. I hope no plants are harmed
    Enjoy your wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering if I could have permission to use your Hunter wellies photo. I have my own but not nearly nice as yours. I will have a link back of course. I will delete this afterwards. I can't figure out what something means on the set up of evolution for retrieving your email and need to ask hubby later tonight.
    ~Becki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spring when all the flowers and buds appear.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...