1.19.2012

:: get the look


I've spent some time putting together a little compilation of what I think are the most important things in Punky's Apartment....beginning with the room color, and then moving on to the bedding which I believe gives the room it's vintagey sweet feel. I tried to include as much of what I purchased as possible, however it's been awhile so some things are no longer available...in this case I shopped the internet and substituted items that I would pick if I were trying to re-create the look today.

So here goes.... I found a vintage chenille bedspread exactly like the one I used in Punky's room here.

The curtains are the Matilda from Ikea, I love their soft cotton & raised striped detail they have a very vintagey look & feel and let in just the right amount of soft light without having to open and close them.

I was so excited about all of the great pillows that I found at Pier one, they were all quite perfect for her space and had exactly the look I was going for. As stock changes quite often the only pillow still available is this smoke blue ruffled pillow.  I found the pretty hummingbird floral pillow here, and the round woven pillow here. These pillows are a little more mature, but I still think they could work in a transitional girl's room, or guest room. 

My daughter adores her faux fur throw she takes it with her all over the house and likes it to be closest to her when tucked in at night. I love the one I found here with it's addition of the fur ball detail at the corners...how fun. 

In my original post we had a hand painted by me lamp on her night stand but since then I've switched it out with a vintage milk glass hobnail lamp very similar to the one pictured above and found here.

The mirrored Laugh & Love signs are a big part of the look of Miss Punky's sleeping area, and though I can't find the perfect vintage frames for you, you can find the words at Hobby Lobby and take it from there. The mirror above her bed was also found at Hobby Lobby many years ago.

I'll be heading out of town tomorrow with our oldest daughter for a soccer tournament....her first one since blowing out her knee this is such a big day for her she's worked very hard to recover & get back at it. Not only that but 5 college coaches are coming to see her play, and she just got accepted to UNC Chapel Hill today...this is a very exciting time for her & we are so very proud. 

That said, my weekend consists of several 2 hour drives so I may not be able to get here as I would like. I will however continue on with links for other items I used in Punky's apartment reveal when I return just in case you are interested.

Thanks so much for visiting & reading along. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

{peace, love & hugs}
Carrie



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...