3.09.2012

:: tulips & lemons


Happy Friday Everyone!

Can you tell by the pictures above that I'm dying for Spring. While getting groceries the other day I ran across these lovely white tulips {my favorite},  I just had to pick some up to bring some Spring into my home. I also picked up some lovely lemons as I had seen lemons used in a floral arrangement on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try myself. I just love how it turned out, it's so bright & cheery and makes me so happy. 

I simply used a mason storage jar I had on hand as my vase, sliced my lemons and after adding the tulips I tucked the lemons in around them, using a knife to push the lemons down into the water at varying levels. I did this a few days ago, so this morning before shooting I emptied the foggy lemon water, cut the ends of my tulips about 1/4" then refilled with fresh water & started over. I think the color of the lemons has faded just a bit since I first cut them but I re-used them anyway.


I hope you are having a lovely day where you are, it's still quite chilly here, and supposed to be rainy this weekend. Not exactly the kind of weather I was hoping for since my new raised beds arrived yesterday. I can't wait to get started on them. However.... I don't do cold, so I'll be waiting for a nice sunny day.

Have a lovely weekend.

{peace, love & hugs}

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. What a simple, sunny arrangement. I love yellow any time but especially in Spring. I'm hoping for a nice sunny weekend, too. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are lovely with the lemons. I too am so ready for spring! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks wonderful. LOVE the white tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I have been looking for white tulips in my store but nothing yet. Its cold and wet here also..I'm ready for some spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, very lovely! Oh, I love your plank table top too! The dishes too! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of spring! Nothing like lovely yellow lemons. I've arranged flowers like this before and love the look. Your photos are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the tulip-lemon combo! I'm definitely going to try that. And really loving those gorgeous plates, I think I'm a little jealous ;o) Hugs, B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice flowers especially the first ones. Have a nice day! garden sheds

    ReplyDelete
  9. This also makes me thirsty for lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love luv your idea, will copy it. I have a lemon tree!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...